Camp Keeler

The town of Keeler, population 66, cynically maintains Camp Keeler on the shores of the now dry Owens Lake. Keeler boomed with the silver, lead and zinc successes of the Cerro Gordo Mines in the late 1800’s. The drying of the lake began in 1927 with the export of water from the central valley into Los Angeles via Mulholland’s LA Aqueduct.

Camp Keeler #1

Camp Keeler #2

Camp Keeler #3