The Orpheum Theatre. 842 S. Broadway. 1926. G. Albert Lansburgh, architect
Opened in 1926, the Orpheum is the fourth and final theatre operated by the Orpheum Vaudeville Circuit in Los Angeles. Incorporated in 1919 and organized to acquire vaudeville theatres in the US and Canada the Orpheum’s holdings included 45 vaudeville theatres located in 36 cities. In 1928 the Orpheum Circuit merged with the chain of theatres owned by Benjamin Franklin Keith and Edward Franklin Albee II, to become the Radio-Keith-Orpheum (RKO) motion picture studio.